UNLOCK BOOTLOADER:ANY Mi DEVICE
Modern Mi devices , including Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi 4 , mi5, Redmi 3 , Mi Max series , come with locked bootloader due to some security reasons. Unlocking their bootloader is pretty easy task using the “Mi Flash Unlock Tool” which helps to unlock the device within few seconds. But, a small error during unlocking can be pain in the ass. So here are some precautions to bypass these errors like stuck at 50% or at 99%.
Disclaimer: Performing any developer operations including Bootloader Unlock will void your device’s warranty. We will not be responsible for any damage occurs during or after the unlocking process.
Early Preparations –
- The following bootloader unlock guide is only for Xiaomi smartphones. Don’t try on any other Android device.
- Backup up all your important data including SMS, contacts, images, videos, app data, etc.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC for a successful connection between your device and PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Xiaomi device.
- The battery of the device should be sufficiently charged. At least 70%.
- Make sure you have downloaded and install Mi Flash tool on your PC. (Download Link)
Make sure to follow these steps and you will be good to go:-
- If your mi account is very old, then make a new account on the same device you want to unlock.
- Make sure to keep find my device turned ON.
- Visit https://i.mi.com/ -> Sign in -> My Devices -> Check if Your Device is there; delete all other devices (if any).
- Now go to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ and apply for unlocking bootloader (Make Sure to give legit reasons, and do not copy-paste from anywhere else or your request will not be accepted).
- Once you get confirmation SMS, you will have to wait for at least 5-6 days.
Final Process –
- Now after 5 days, try unlocking through the steps given below, if process stuck at 99%, wait for few more days.
- Download the Mi Flash tool from Here! And extract the same on your computer.
- Open the tool and Sign in using your Mi account (which you made earlier and applied for unlocking).
- Power off your Xiaomi phone and press the Volume Down + Power button together, and then connect the phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Now from the unlock tool press ‘Unlock’. This will start the unlocking process and might take up to 10-20 seconds. So keep patience and wait.
- Once it says “Unlocked Successfully”, you are good to go, Enjoy! If it shows any error, go back to step 1.
I think I have mentioned everything properly, but if you still face any issue feel free to contact me here:-
[email protected] or comment down here. I’ll try to help ASAP!