From one of the top selling smartphone manufacturers of India, Redmi Note 5 Pro has been popular since its launch due to the success of its predecessors, Redmi Note 4 and Redmi Note 3. If you are into rooting community you might be familiar with TWRP Recovery. And our wait for the Official TWRP Recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro is finally over. We have got the zip file that you can install to access TWRP on your device and have fun with Custom ROMs and various Mods.
NOTE: Install TWRP on your device at your own risk as you may end up bricking your device.
How to install TWRP on Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred)?
You can easily install TWRP Recovery on your device by following certain steps that are explained further in this post. But before we move to that part, there are certain prerequisites you need to take care of.
You need to have an unlocked bootloader in order to install TWRP Recovery. To get to know how to do so click on the link below.
Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers
You need to install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC so as to successfully complete the process. Here’s the full process to do so.
- Download the ADB file and run it on your PC.
- Press Y to continue and install the ADB and Fastboot file.
- Again press Y to install ADB system-wide.
- Press Y for the last time to install the drivers.
- Continue the driver installation
- Wait for a few seconds until the process is completed.
Enable USB Debugging on your Android device.
- Navigate to the Settings > About Phone.
- Tap on the build number seven times to enable developer options. If you are on MIUI tap on the MIUI version seven times to enable the developer options.
- Now head to the Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.
Procedure to install TWRP
- Download TWRP Recovery on your PC and save it to a new folder and name it anything you would like to.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the file.
- Now hold the Shift key and Right Click anywhere on an empty space in that folder and select Open Command Window here to open a CMD window.
- Connect your Redmi Note 5 Pro to the PC and type the following command in the CMD window. This will boot your device into fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
If your phone asks for permission to Allow USB Debugging, then click on Ok.
- Once you get to the bootloader mode or the fastboot mode, type the following command
fastboot flash recovery twrp-xx.img
Replace the name of recovery file with the one saved on your PC, e.g. if the name of recovery file is rhino then type the following command
fastboot flash recovery rhino.img
- Once you are done with installing the TWRP Recovery on your device, type the following command
- Voila! You are done with installing the Official TWRP Recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Change Log Information
- Both Nougat and Oreo are supported.
- OTA updates can be flashed using TWRP.
- Support for backup, flash and restore both system and vendor images.
TWRP Recovery lets you flash Custom ROMs, OTA updates, various Mods, etc. We have provided a full step-by-step to install it on your Redmi Note 5 Pro. Follow all the steps carefully to get success.
Huge thanks from our team to AnkitGourav from XDA Developers for this official TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and install the TWRP on your device. In case you face any problems, do let us know in the comment section below and share your experiences as well.